Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Surprise Birthday Parties to to Shoving spoons of hot sauce

Count Down....
    I will flying home Tuesday!!! I am beyond excited to see my family, I can hardly stand it.  Landon called me this week to tell me that he had saved up 12 of 14 dollars to take us ice skating-We have a tradition of going out ice skating on a date!  A couple months ago he told me that at our next date though he was going to pay, and he has worked to stay true to his word.  I can't wait to see the rest of my family too.... Oh goodness I am so excited!!!  Luckily, two of my classes got canceled on Monday so I am just kind of coasting out until I leave-yay!!!!

Anyhow, Friday was my lovely room mate Jesse's birthday!!!! She will be serving in Brazil for her mission in April.  I have amazing room mates.  Jesse is one of the kindest people I know.  She is so genuine and giving-she will make you feel so loved and will bake you cookies randomly just to brighten your day.
The other 5 of us decided she need a big spotlight on how awesome she is, so we planned all week for her surprise Party:

Janai took her out to dinner at 5:30, and as soon as she left we cleaned up the kitchen and set to decorating.  Then Jeanice went with her to a latin festival and she was due back at 8.
Decorations!  Although these did not last long...


I started making Sour Cream Apple Pie (her favorite!).  I have never made it before, so I was really worried.  Whitney also made chocolate-peanut butter no bakes (she had never had them until I made them a few weeks ago-now I got her hooked!).  One of our friends Cody brought, Guarana (A soda that Portuguese and Brazilians love!), and we had chips salsa, and our friends Natalie, Courtney, and Laura brought cupcakes.  Our Fhe bros brought ice cream to go with the pie.  Basically we were loaded.
I
Waiting Before....

It was also our friend Jacob's brithday, so we celebrated his too! Happy Birthday Jacob!

Us waiting in anticipation for Jesse

8:00 came around...No Jesse.......8:30.....No Jesse...... and then finally! at 9:00 she came home, and we sprang!


Madi, Capri, Ally, and Kenzi! 


Jared, Jeanice, Cody, and Natalie (Jared was sitting, so we had to take this side ways) 
Natalie and the Birthday Girl!


My piece of pie-I was actually happy with how it turned out!  And no one died from eating it and everyone seemed pretty happy with it-What a relief!

Jesse and Jacob's lovely birthday banner that Leah made!

Welll...After some of the people left there was just a group of us, and somehow or another Whitney challenged me to a hot sauce competition.  Please realize that I have the wimpiest tongue on the planet, and Whitney eats hot sauce almost everyday.  This was the stupidest thing I cold have possibly done.....
This stuff, the Rooster Hot Sauce, it HOT! You should always use it sparingly and with other foods to tone it down-it will still burn you.  We,  however, decided to have 7 spoonfulls, and then see who would be the first to reach for milk.  
Whitney kicked my  butt
I ashamedly reached for the milk.  
We are pretty sure we have chemical burns on our tongues.

Then, after cookies, pie, and hot sauce, we woke up the next morning (5 hours later) to do a 5k!  It was with the Womens Services and Resource Center Club, against abuse.  It  was really fun!
I have no idea what my actual time was, but oh well!
Saturday (last) night we also had our ward thanksgiving party, and played night games.  Then we went over to some friend's dorm to watch spider man.  I decided last night not to set an alarm and just see what time my body woke up naturally, because I kept staying up for a full 22 hours for work, and I haven't really had a chance to catch up on sleep all week long.......
I woke up at 10:48 this morning.....yikes!
I feel good now though!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, I sure do love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment