Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Sunshine to Snow-but just as wonderful!

I am so stinkin blessed to be here at BYU, I love it so much.  My mid term this past week went well, studies are good, work was good, church was good, and all the fun with friends was a hoot!
The weather was crazy though, and changed like night and day!  Wednesday I was walking around campus in a t-shirt.  The sun was out, and there were beautiful leaves all around.  I took a picture of how pretty and golden they are:

People probably thought I was weird, because a couple times I just had this urge I couldn't resist to kick the leaves.  Its a bit strange, but I actually miss yard work.  Raking the leaves is always fun, and relaxing.  I get that from my Dad--mowing the lawn is his favorite.
This picture is of a fiddle group that was playing on campus.  They were really good!  (You can see how sunny it  was).  They started playing while I was on the phone with my friend Marcus.  He is leaving for his mission on Wednesday for Tahiti-I am so excited for him!


 Anyhow, by Friday, I was incredibly grateful for my big boots (thanks Mom

and Dad!) and my big snowboarding shell-it was cold!  This is the view I woke up to Saturday Morning outside my window to give you an idea:
 The mountains are so beautiful!  The 'Y' is hiding underneath that big blanket of snow-can you find it?

Well Friday night, we went to the opening BYU basketball game of the season-yay! It was a lot of fun, and we won!  
As you can see from the picture, we didn't have the ultimate spot.  Apparently we need to get there a lot earlier, or the nose-bleeds it is.
After the game, we all came back to our dorm for a Nacho Libre Party, with Nachos included.  It was a hoot!  At one point I am pretty sure we had about 25 people stuffed in our little living area.  After the movie, we played winkem, Peter-James-and-John, and Grunt Piggy Grunt.  There were defiantly some good laughs.  Around 12 when dorm curfew hit, we went outside for an ultimate snowball fight.  The snow was perfect!  Not too wet, and made great snowballs.  We were out there for over an hour, and I was soaked by the time we were done though, thanks to some white washing.  At one point one of the RAs was there, and he kept throwing snow at us, so we all grabbed snowballs and charged at him-I don't know that I have ever seen someone run that fast in PJs, it was impressive!


Saturday morning (5 and a half hours after the fight), I got so excited to see more snow that I just had to go on a walk.  I walk everywhere around campus, but I love it.  My favorite place to walk of course is to the temple.  Isn't it beautiful?  Look at all that White :)

 

The rest of Saturday was filled with some productive studying and a group project.  Then at 5 Natalie and I walked over to her sister-Heather's place for a Wenatchee Waffle dinner.  It was fun to see people, and you can never go wrong with Chocolate Chip waffles.  Brandon Edmundson came though, and I haven't seen him since he moved away sophmore year! He is running for UVU, which is just like 15 min away from BYU.  Natalie and set out to find him a football tickets so we could all go to the game.  For the last game, we had the best seats of all season!  We sat 4th row up in the in-zone  right in front of the band.  We only stayed until half because it was so cold, but when we left we were ahead 42-7.  It was a good way to bring to close the football season.

The view from our seats!
Natalie, Brandon, and I!  Haven't seen him since he moved away sophomore year!

Natalie, Brandon, Me, Lee, Jeanice, and Shanna-bravin' the cold!

After the game, we all went back to watch Forest Gump and drink coco.  It was a wonderful close to a great week.  And now I only have one more week, then it's Thanksgiving week!  I am so excited to see my family!    

Hope everyone has a great Veterans day.  I am so thankful for all those who have fought for our country.  I agree with the advice to pray for the leaders of our country, not matter your political beliefs.
Natalie and I started our morning with two of our friends from our ward, Kenny and Elena, walking to the temple at 4:50.  Usually we drive, but Kam, who has the car, was feeling sick.  It was worth it though, and a great start to my week :)

Well, that's all.  Kind of a jumbled post, sorry! Hello from BYU though, sending hugs your way!





No comments:

Post a Comment