Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Halloween, Tests, Zombies, Majors, and Birthdays!

Our Sunday Night Pre- Halloween Party!  We made a bunh of yummy cookies...then proceeded to eat all the yummy cookies.  SO much fun!

This was certainly a scary week-jammed packed and busy.  (I think I say it's busy every time though, so disregard)

 this was Whitney and I as zombies at the Stake Halloween party

I had two midterms this week-Bio and Book of Mormon.  That in and of it self make a spooky week.  I think I did okay on them though, so that's good.  Each time I go to the testing center I mean to take a picture, but when I get there I am strictly focused on my test, and when I am done I am strictly focused on getting away as soon as possible.  I do love BYU's testing system though.  Instead of doing it in class, students are given a certain amount of days where they can go to the testing center and take the test on their own time.  It makes it way easier to schedule and prepare, and I also think the environment is a lot less stressful and better for tests than it would be in class.

Natalie and I went to the Basketball Jamboree-can't wait for the actual games! We won the scrimmage 100 to like 50!

Wednesday we had a little Halloween Party with our FHE group.  I made pumpkin cookies and baked apple pumpkin bread (with my last two apples from Wenatchee that Mom sent me!  She sent me a whole box, and I was eating apples all the time-so good!), and one of my FHE brothers, Michael, made chicken casserole thingy that was delicious.  Originally we were going to watch a classic Alfred Hitchock, but then somebody (Whitney) made the suggestion to watch Insidious.  I, being a stupid and not wanting to be chicken, agreed to watch it.  Worst. Idea. Ever.  At first I was on the floor, squeezing by FHE bro Brad's leg.  Jeanice was on the couch squeezing the stuffing out of my pillow pet-Nutty.  Eventually, I moved to the couch, and I think I broke my FHE bro James' Hand-poor guy! I never want to watch a scary movie again.  Jeanice and I were so terrified we wouldn't leave eachother alone the rest of the night.  I talked to her while she was in the shower so she wouldn't get scared-we are great room mates :)



(This is the three of us after the movie.  Jeanice and I aren't purposefully making this face)

Thursday I went on  date!  It was completely blind, but he was great and it was a lot of fun.  It's a really funny story though, and it was a very eventful night.  It ended with a parking boot on the car, lovely right?

Saturday was the Zombie Run 5k!  We were actually chased by people dressed up in gory goo that looked like legit, disgusting zombie crap.    It was my roommates Jeanice, Jesse, and Whitney, Jesse's Mom, Natalie, our FHE brother John, and two of our guy friends Cody and Dillon.  I ran with Natalie and John.  The Zombies "killed" you by grabbing a flag that was attached to your hip by your back.  Natalie and I set it up so that all we needed to do was turn and then the Zombie's wouldn't be able to reach our flags.  I had so much adrenaline.  We started 5 minutes ahead of the zombies, but some of them still caught up even though we were booking it.  We ran a 23 minutes and 40 sec time.  With our stopping and dodging people, it was a pretty decent time.  Natalie and I were reminded that even though we can run a marathon, we are not very good at running fast...
I won a t-shirt though!  The other shirts were covered in red blobs of "blood" and said infected.  The came, we ran, I survived!
This is the shirt we won!  Will post other pictures of our group soon!

I had to take a break from blogging to have a dorm dance party-it was pretty epic.  Taylor Swift, Beibs, and One Direction make excellent dance parties, and spatulas make excellent microphones.

This week I only have one mid term-American Heritage.  I signed up for all the classes I want next semester:
      Social Dance (Yay!)
      Writing 150
       Physical Science
      Book of Mormon
     New Testament
      Spanish 105
      Adolescent Development

Currently my major is declared as teaching Social Science--but I need to change it.  Unfortunately, social studies and history teaching is not very hirable or competitive.  Math and Science are, but after taking Bio this semester, and Calc last year, I really don't want to teach that (and that's an understatement!).  English is also not very hirable because there are so many people.
My end goal is to work with students in Leadership.  I want to be at schools to help make a difference in students lives that so many teachers made for me.  I want to help show students their potential.  I feel like one of the best ways to do that is in the classroom.  I was considering getting experience in the classroom, and then changing to Administration.  I still am keeping that as an option, but the best way to go about that seems to be to get a degree or minor in business.  The more I think about it though the more I'd like to get my minor in psychology, or something that would help me to better work with my students if that makes sense, rather than be an administrator.  The only reason I would want to be an administrator is to better help students, but I am not sure thats the best way to go about it.  Ok, can you tell I am not really sure about much?
So as of right now I am considering switching to Spanish Teaching.  I think I could really enjoy teaching Spanish, and then I would be in the classroom.  I would love some feedback and thoughts on what others thought (especially teachers and friends from home that I miss so much!)

And a special shout out to my Mom.  I skyped with her this morning.  I can't count the many times I have thought in my head since being here: "well, she's right-again".  I could never put in a post or words how grateful I am for my Mom. Through all the ups and downs, she remains a wonderful example to me.  Right now she is going back to school, and I am so proud of her.  Work, keeping up with the boys, church, school, and everything else keeps her so busy.  I pray for her often because I know its tough, but I also know that she can do it.  She is a wonderful example of strength and charity for me.  I am so grateful for my mom, and one of my best friends.  Sure do love ya Mom.




Well, that's all folks!  I love reading everyone's elses blogs and facebook posts.  I am so blessed to have so many friends and family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment